Balgowlah Automotive commenced business in 1974 at Dobroyd Road Service Station, Balgowlah Heights. A family business, started by Doug and Phyllis Smith is now run by sons Richard and Tony Smith.
They have been on the current premises at 441 Sydney Rd, Balgowlah since 1980.
In 2001/2002, Balgowlah Automotive expanded its Sydney Rd facilities, renovating the existing building and workshop and increasing its work area capacity by taking over the (previously Volvo) workshop across the road at 439 Sydney Rd.
Balgowlah Automotive are proud to have the following trade associations:
- I.A.M.E. - Institution of Automotive Engineers
- VASA - Vehicle Air Conditioning Specialists of Australasia
- AAAA - Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association
- MTA - Members of the Motor Traders Association of NSW
- Authorised Rego Inspection Station
- ARC Tick Certified